Wednesday, April 20, 2005

2 scholarships filled, 1 to go...

UMASS inks JuCo transfer with "uncanny" long range shooting ability:

On Tuesday, Life couldn't have felt happier. The 6-foot-4 guard with an uncanny long-range shooting ability, signed with the University of Massachusetts, the same school that produced the legendary "Dr. J" Julius Irving.

"I was up there last weekend and really liked it. I feel a little more confident in my decision," Life said. "I think I cut myself short by announcing I was going to Utah State. UMass needs a scorer and that's what I do. They told me I would play major minutes."


SNIP

Life, the Suncoast Conference Player of the Year, averaged 25.4 points per game and finished his career at MCC with a school record 1,341 points.

Life had verbaled to Utah State, but went back on that commitment when UMASS came calling.

Anyone else excited to see this kid stretch some zone defenses next year?

It looks like some of the pieces of an up-tempo offense are in place for next year. We have one more scholarship (by my calculations) and I am betting its either an athletic small forward or a center who can get up and down the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home